ASCLS-PA CORPORATE RECOGNITION AWARD
Reviewed/Revised: 5/2005, 2/2016
The ASCLS-PA Corporate Recognition Award may be presented annually to a corporation/company/institution which has supported the aims and ideals of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science-Pennsylvania.
The support may be evidenced by, but not limited, to:
1. Providing scholarship to ASCLS-PA members
2. Advertising in ASCLS-PA publications
3. Sponsoring workshops, seminars, or otherwise sharing technical expertise with ASCLS-PA members
4. Supporting participation of ASCLS-PA members in the Society
Nominations shall be made on forms supplied by the Awards Committee, no later than six weeks prior to the date of the Annual State Meeting each year. The nomination form should detail the support which qualified the nominee for the award.
The Awards Committee Chair will forward all nominations to the ASCLS-PA President along with suitable ballots no later than six weeks prior to the date of the Annual State Meeting. The President will send to the ASCLS-PA Board of Directors copies of all nominations and the ballots. The Board will vote within two (2) weeks of receiving nominations from the President. A majority of favorable votes will determine the winner. Completed ballots will be sent to the Awards Committee Chair for processing and setting up the award.
Within three (3) weeks of the Annual State Meeting, the Awards Committee Chair will notify:
1. ASCLS-PA President
2. General Chair, Annual Meeting
3. Responsible person in the winning company, so that a representative from the company can attend the awards ceremony at the banquet to receive the award.
Four banquet tickets per year will be given to the honored company. The monies to pay for the banquet tickets to come from the Awards Committee line item.
The award will be a plaque