ASCLS-PA Lifetime Achievement Award
Reviewed/Revised: 2/2016, 10/2018
The purpose of the ASCLS-PA Lifetime Achievement Award is to recognize and honor an ASCLS-PA member who has “made a difference” in ASCLS, ASCLS-PA and the profession of clinical laboratory science. This award provides special recognition to an individual who has provided dedicated and outstanding service at all levels of the organization over a sustained period of time. In addition, the individual has demonstrated outstanding career achievements in clinical laboratory science and has significantly promoted the profession to the public and other health care professionals.
· In the event of multiple nominations, all nominees will receive a plaque at the ASCLS-PA Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony
where the recipient of this award will be announced.
· Email nominations to ASCLS-PA Awards Committee Chair.
· Nominations may be made by any ASCLS-PA member.
The nominee must be:
· A member of ASCLS for at least 20 years prior to nomination
· A current member at the time of nomination
· Actively involved in the profession of clinical laboratory science
ASCLS-PA Board of Directors members are NOT eligible during their tenure on the Board.
Please weigh the qualifications and choice of this outstanding member carefully. The judges of this award have the difficult task of selecting a winner based on the information provided on the forms. Please pay particular attention to how you complete these forms, especially the letter/essay on the nomination form. Your thoughtful presentation of the candidate’s merit, accurate completion of the forms, and careful attention to the deadline will ensure your nominee the full consideration he/she deserves.
A nomination letter of no less than 250 words in support of the merits of the nominee as an individual and as an active member of ASCLS and ASCLS-PA must be included. It is the nominator’s responsibility to write and submit the nomination letter.
The nomination form and essay must be submitted electronically to the ASCLS-PA Awards Committee Chair. CV’s are not acceptable. Nominations lacking either the form or nomination essay will not be accepted.
A recipient will receive this award only once. A previous nomination will not disqualify for re-nomination.
The ASCLS-PA Board of Directors will make the final selection of the recipient.
The recipient of this award is selected based on his/her contribution to the profession, ASCLS, and ASCLS-PA over the entire duration of membership. In selecting nominees, individuals should not overlook members who have a long history of significant contributions.
Nominees are evaluated using many activities that have occurred over a 20-year time span of membership. Criteria include, but are not limited, to the following:
· ASCLS activities at the national, regional, and state levels. (activity has increased with years of experience at each level)
· Professional honors given for ASCLS and ASCLS-PA activities (national, regional, state)
· Participation in other organizations related to clinical laboratory science (e.g. NAACLS volunteer, Board of Certification
committee chair or Board member, AABB, ASM, etc.)
· Contributions to the profession
· Professional publications and presentations
· Government and licensure activities at the state level
· Recruitment into profession or providing the “face of the profession” by participating in health fairs or science fairs, career days,
MLPW activities, and other activities that promote clinical laboratory science in the community